Process development & engineering – Ljubljana, Slovenia
Join us on our highway towards the hydrogen society! Apply to one of our new vacancies ranging from various tech and business roles.
With the humanity’s race to ‘net-zero’, hydrogen and proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cells will play a critical role in decarbonisation of both the energy and transport sectors. At ReCatalyst we are passionate to help make this transition happen faster, with the best (electro)catalysts and with a lower requirement for platinum group metals. We need you to help us grow and make a real difference!
What will your impact and responsibilities be?
As a Chemical Process Engineer you will
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team with the goal to expedite the commercialization status of ReCatalyst’s nano-tech platform technology
- Work in a close collaboration with the Product development, Process automation and Business development teams
- Perform process development and engineering, reactor optimization and testing, process scale-up
- Design, evaluation and choice of reactor components
- Work at achieving production targets of customized catalyst solutions that are meeting customer demands and ensuring that relevant testing is in place to prove this to customers
- Produce comprehensive documentation to ensure accurate implementation of the reactors towards a pilot production line
- Optimize products and projects in terms of cost, quality, and lead time in cross-functional teams
- Take on any other duties which are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonable instructed
Both senior and junior candidates are encouraged to apply for this position. Responsibilities and qualification requirements will be adjusted according to experience level, competence, and background.
The candidate should have the following qualifications:
- BSc or higher in Chemical engineering or similar fields
- Experience at working in multi-disciplinary technical teams and/or on projects
- Very good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Very good handling of EXCEL, Origin, Python or equivalent software
It is an advantage if you have experience with any of the following points:
- 3 or more years of work experience
- Prior work experience in chemical, pharma or similar industries on junior or senior positions
- Experience with development of chemical processes, reactors and other processing equipment
- Proven ability to plan and lead experimental work, process data and use analytical skills to interpret the results
- Competences in Computer Fluid Dynamics
- Experience with 3D software such as Solid Edge, AutoCAD or similar
- Experience in working in ISO Certified/GMP laboratories/production environment
- Experience in working on European Projects
- Knowledge in production certification, systematization, HAZOP analysis etc
- Experience in EU-OSHA standards and risk management
- Written and spoken German
What do we offer and description of working conditions:
The work primarily takes place in Ljubljana, at ReCatalyst’s premises at the National Institute of Chemistry. In the near future, the company plans to establish additional infrastructure capabilities in the vicinity of Ljubljana. The work may also demand international traveling. The work will mainly be performed on-site and will be technical/experimental in nature in a laboratory setting.
ReCatalyst is currently comprised of a young team of cross-functional individuals. When developing business and the working environment, the company acts in accordance with European standards and the culture of start-up companies. This includes care and attitude towards employees, and expectations for excellence and exceeding average results.
- Primary work location: Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Schedule and type of work: full-time (8 hours, 5 days a week), with the possibility of flexible work.
- Type of contract: Permanent position with a starting trial period
- Department: Process development & engineering
- Competitive salary with progression as the company and your position matures
- Paid annual holiday leave
- High holiday and food allowances, with other benefits in development
- Depending on the performance and the company’s development, a possibility to develop the career from a Junior to a Senior Chemical Process Engineer, or a Head of Production
Why join us?
ReCatalyst is an EU-level recognized Start-up company and Slovenian Start-up-of-the-year in 2023, which develops and markets services in the field of nanotechnology materials. The company is currently focused on the development and commercialization of catalyst composites for use in hydrogen fuel cells, and will expand its activities to other related areas in the future. ReCatalyst has established development collaborations in five of the G7 economies, and is supported by the prestigious European EIC Transition financing, as well as a EUR 1.7M investment from international investors.
Date of advertisement publication and validity:
Published on 27/07/2023, and valid until the position has been occupied.
How to apply for this position?
Send your CV with a cover letter in .pdf format to the web address firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal references and other descriptions of your past experience and achievements will also be accepted. The subject of the e-mail should be “Application for the position – Chemical Process Engineer”.